Monday, February 2, 2009

His Words Belie His Actions

I have terrible news Jenny. Do you remember when I mentioned that Charlie works at Goldman Sachs and that he is there for only a short period? He is set to return to Wharton in Pennsylvania next fall to help a Professor with his research project. He also forgot to mention he has a girlfriend, a very serious one too.

Was I mistaken to think that our discussion about Henry Paulson, Warren Buffet, Obama’s economic plans and our trip to the Met were just displays of friendship? I am disturbed to find he values my mind and abilities more highly than my heart, which is my only source of pride, and indeed of everything, all my strength and pride. It is the source of my drive, my fashion sketches, and future aspirations. The things I know, anyone can know – but my heart is mine and mine alone. I wish Charlie would just realize the importance of my heart to me! He seems to think that my love for him is of no seriousness. What shall I do? My anger towards Charlie is thwarted by his smile of his eyes. Ever time I think of him his sharp green eyes pip up in my head and make me think that our situation can be worked out.

Please, Jenny, give me a sliver of hope! I am in a deep stage of limerance and desperately need to get out. My sketches are worsening by the day. I am no longer finding pleasure in reading as well. Please, recommend something that I will enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. Cheer up. He may still love you for who you are. Don't give up hope on this one. I really think he is your one true love even if it looks to just be a friendship.

    ReplyDelete