Monday, February 2, 2009

Bliss in the Big Apple

Hi Jenny! I am just settling in the apartment. It is just like a scene from any classic New York City film. I am one block east of Central Park. My next door neighbor is the nicest guy. He has two young children and an adorable golden retriever puppy. His wife recently passed and the dog was a gift to the children for a way to remember their mother. He is one of the many sweet men I have met since I moved in!

I tell you, my precious friend, whenever my mind is tottering all the tumult is soothed to quiet by the sight of a creature like this, living in the small daily round of its existence in a state of happy tranquility, getting from one day to the next seeing the leaves fall and thinking nothing but winter is coming. The autumnal leaves are falling all around. You have no idea how wonderful it is to go on the rooftop with my ‘snuggie’ and curl up to read a book. Luckily, Starbucks is only a 30 second walk from my front steps; the grande, extra-hot, triple shot latte makes a perfect companion.

My only hope is that I find friends other than those from work. Speak of the devil, work is getting more and more demanding by the day. I have found myself to have little time to do some fashion sketching on the side. I am thinking about taking time this weekend to just sit down and sketch. It has acted as an important stress reliever in the past, and now that I am finally settled in I think I deserve a little freedom.

Jenny I have to go now. Desperate Housewives is about to come on and The Snowball is sitting on my bed stand just asking to be read. Hopefully I will get to bed before two o'clock this night! Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment